Ham for the Holidays: Ham-ageddon!
Platt & Koch serve up the fun (L-R).
Apocalypse is just around the corner, so Dos Fallopia (Lisa Koch & Peggy Platt) celebrate the end of the world with some of their very favorite classic moments from past “Hams.” Toss in some new tunes and sketches, and “Ham-ageddon” is the spot to ring in the holidays….and grab some cheap laughs before Doom (the show is optimistically scheduled after End Times).
Show highlights include:
• Country duo The Spudds spice up Mama’s love life on talk show, The View from a Double-Wide;
• S.B. Tullybuck’s trainees learn the ropes in Barista Boot Camp;
• Lounge lizards The Colonel and Shenille croon on the West Seattle Water Taxi;
• Nonagenarian blues singer The Matrons of Blues whip up a blender full of miracle drink;
• The tiny Sequim Gay Men’s Chorus sing out with Pride;
• Craft Lady and Sister Mary Agnes offer wedding alternatives at The Nup Shack;
• Heartwood Mac rocks out!
Koch and Platt have collaborated as Dos Fallopia for more than 20 years, and have penned shows like Deja Poo, Pretty Girls, Not Too Bright, Twin Sisters of Different Cul-de-sacs, Glazing Saddles, and Lard Potion No. 9. A London Connection review declared, “Could they be the long lost love of Doris Day and Divine? Big, brash, and completely mad…,” and The Seattle Times proclaimed, “Ham for the Holidays serves up a hilarious platter of satirical song and comedy.” The duo have recorded one CD (My Breasts are Out of Control) and two DVDs (Ham for the Holidays: A Lard Day’s Night & Pretty Girls, Not Too Bright).
Koch has recorded four solo CDs, is an alumnus of Venus Envy (“I’ll Be a Homo for Xmas”), has composed an Off-Broadway musical (“27 Rue de Fleurus”), had one of her songs sampled in a Jay-Z tune, and has been seen on LOGO and Olivia cruises.
Platt was voted Seattle’s best comic nine times, is a respected Seattle actor, voice-over and radio personality (Fat Girl Follies, Rocky Horror Show, Holiday Survival Game Show), and has opened for Jay Leno and Cindy Lauper.