The Women’s Choice Award, a leading consumer advocacy group, has issued their 2015 America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care. This annual distinction is the only evidence-based designation that identifies the country’s best hospitals based on robust criteria that considers patient satisfaction, clinical excellence, and what thousands of women say they want from a hospital. , according to the American Heart Association.
The America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care list is determined by first identifying the top 25 percent of hospitals across the nation that offer a minimum number of cardiac and/or vascular services. Only hospitals that perform well clinically with regard to heart care measures reported to Medicare, and also have a high Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) recommendation score, a measure that is very important to women in choosing a hospital, are selected. Data provided is totally objective and uniform. No subjective considerations are used to determine the award winners. Hospitals do not pay to be on the list.
“Women are taking more control of the decision making process when it comes to selecting hospitals prior to selecting doctors,” says Delia Passi, Founder of the Women’s Choice Award and former publisher of Working Mother magazine. “As the primary health care decision makers, making quick decisions goes against her grain and women are seeking more information than ever before when choosing a hospital. Our mission is to reduce the risk for women so they can make smarter health care choices.”
“As women, we often take care of others before taking care of ourselves,” said Mary Ann Bauman, MD, Go Red For Women spokesperson and Medical Director, Women’s Health and Community Relations, INTEGRIS Health. “And while our nurturing tendencies make us great mothers, spouses, sisters, friends and coworkers, it’s imperative that we not only make heart healthy choices, but that we receive quality care from our healthcare providers. The Women’s Choice Award provides additional knowledge and information to help women select providers who best meet their needs.”
Of the 355 awarded, the hospitals below have been received the Women’s Choice Award Seal as a symbol of their commitment to empower women to make smart health care choices and to raise the standard of health care for all.
- AnMed Health Medical Center (SC)
- Athens Regional Health System (GA)
- Baptist Heart Hospital, located at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville (FL)
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville (FL)
- Baptist Medical Center South (FL)
- Citizens Medical Center (TX)
- Comanche County Memorial Hospital (OK)
- Genesis Heart Institute (IA)
- INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center (OK)
- Kettering Medical Center (OH)
- North Cypress Medical Center (TX)
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center (FL)
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (NJ)
- Saint Agnes Medical Center (CA)
- San Antonio Community Hospital (CA)
- Elizabeth Healthcare (KY)
- Peter’s Hospital (NY)
- Tammany Parish Hospital (LA)
- Stamford Hospital (CT)
- Swedish American Hospital (IL)
- The Valley Hospital (NJ)
- University of Connecticut Health Center (CT)
- Winthrop University Hospital (NY)
View the full list of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care.