The Next Family (TNF) is an online magazine for modern parents, with the primary demographic being same-sex parents around the country. TNF was established in 2009 and has been growing by large numbers. Editor-in-Chief Brandy Black founded the site to fill the gap in the parenting market by catering to the next generation of families and couples.
In an effort to raise awareness of the many unique and varied families across the U.S., TNF is rolling out a National Spotlight Campaign highlighting same-sex parents in every state around the country. People need to know that next-generation families exist in large numbers and that the parents heading those families experience the same struggles and triumphs as any other parent.
- If you are a same-sex parent, please submit information about your family to TNF.
- Send a blurb of 3 to 5 sentences about your family. Include your city/state of residence, the ages of your children, specifics about the formation of your family (adoption, biological, via surrogate, etc.)
- Send pictures of your family and be prepared for us to use your images.
- Video, should you choose to send it, should be no longer than 3 minutes. (Video is not required.)
- SUBMIT TO: Spotlight@thenextfamily.com.
TNF will engage local press in each state for interview opportunities with the featured family. TNF will roll out the campaign in January 2013 and will run weekly interviews for the entire year.
Brandy Black, Founder and Editor-in-Chief of The Next Family, lives in Los Angeles with her wife and three children. She has been featured in Huffington Post and was a founding member of LA-based Chi Chi’s Word Parlor. With a background in sales, marketing, and PR she thought it best to focus on her true passion: family!
“The family dynamic is evolving. Gay parents are growing now more than ever and yet are largely ignored by the media,” Black said. “We must change this. The Next Family is my small contribution to that goal.”