The Swing Shift (formerly Reboot Seattle) is coming to Seattle. The Swing Shift is launching a new Spring Series February 21 through April 4, every Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at The Riveter co-working space on Capitol Hill.
“The Swing Shift is a one-stop-shop for Seattle women, providing career discernment, highly vetted career resources and programs, taught by local experts and direct connections to hiring managers, recruiters and industry thought leaders,” said Nancy Jensen, The Swing Shift CEO.
A 2017 Harris Poll reports almost 60% of working women want to make a change, but almost all encounter real or perceived barriers to do so. 43% of women take a break from their careers, usually to care for their families, according to the Center for Talent Innovation and 40% of new entrepreneurs in 2017 are female, and this runs the range from women working as independent contractors, to starting their own businesses. The Swing Shift’s programming is designed to lower those barriers, empowering women in the modern workplace with necessary strategies and skills to guide their career along its own trajectory, considering the twists and turns life provides.
Program highlights include:
- Design Your Career In this session Seattle’s top career coaches walk attendees through the principles of design thinking, a growth mindset and how best to optimize these approaches when mapping out next career moves to help build clarity and confidence.
- LinkedIn & Social Media LinkedIn is the essential networking and career-management tool in the modern work world. The Swing Shift cohorts receive hands-on tutorials and strategies to maximize LinkedIn’s full capabilities, boosting their online presence to audiences that matter.
- Productivity Tools Organizations of all sizes have come to rely on integrated productivity tools, such as Google Suite and Microsoft OneDrive, for much more than just email. Attendees get an insider’s perspective on how best to harness the power and full-range functionality of these tools, giving them a true edge in job searches and in their next role.
- Presenting Your Best Self Standing out from the crowd in today’s job market requires more than just having the right qualifications on paper. Good networkers and memorable interviewers have a clear understanding of themselves and know how to read and connect with their audience. In this session, The Swing Shift brings in public speaking and presentation experts to deliver hands-on tips and tricks to help participants shine in their best light.
- Personal Branding Discovering and learning how to articulate an individual’s personal brand not only sets applicants apart, but also helps clarify the next steps in their professional journey. What’s your passion? How do you work best? What do you never want to do again? Here attendees learn how to capture their essence and make it work for their career.
- Negotiation Landed the job? Working on a term sheet? Making a proposal? Make sure to be fairly and equitably compensated. Negotiating the terms of employment is a learnable skill, but too often it gets treated as an afterthought by new hires, particularly women. Salary, workplace benefits and flexible hours are all negotiable aspects of any job. The Swing Shift will show participants how best to get what they want.
In addition to the education, community and direction given throughout the series, The Swing Shift attendees will also benefit from a complimentary membership to The Riveter on Capitol Hill during the course of the program, including on-site work time, access to wellness, programming and The Riveter community. Following The Swing Shift program’s completion, attendees are eligible for membership discounts at The Riveter. For more information and to sign up visit theswingshift.co.